Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summer Project #2 - The Entryway

"Welcome, come on in, be comfortable, we've missed you..."

This is what I want our entryway to say. Our entire home actually. Prior to starting Vista Trail I had already started making some changes.  A new front door.  The mud bench (in black) that now resides on the front porch (in white) was here instead of the dresser.  The coat rack, mirror and key are the same.    I recovered these hat boxes and painted the picture frame earlier this year.  The wheels were turning, but I wasn't sure what I wanted...
When we replaced the front door when we first moved in (6 years ago) I did not realized how much I would miss the natural light that the original door gave.  I love the door itself, but the entryway definitely needs brighter lighting.

I think that I still really like these each of these pieces, but there is so much brown and black that it's just adding to the darkness of the space. 

We've had this dresser for a long time.  It's a great piece, in wonderful condition, but a little out of style.  I'm thinking about painting it. 

So today, you see a dresser, the coat rack, mirror and a black key on the right. Again, the light fixture is pretty, but doesn't really help my desire to lighten and brighten. I would love a lantern.  The entryway definitely needs brighter light, and the lamp cannot be plugged in because there is not an outlet.  Is there such a thing as battery operated lamps?  The connecting hallway has some black  iron pieces that I could repaint or take out all together. That will be for a different post.

All in all, I would like to paint, maybe re purpose some items, shop my house and find some new ones - we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment