Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summer Project #2 - The Entryway After

Well, I have to say, I am super excited to show off my progress.  Progress because really I'm never completely DONE.  I decided to paint the dresser a creamy white, make a wreath I saw at Jones Design Company (tutorial here), switch out the pewter bowl to a jar of shells, change the lampshade and add a new piece of artwork.
The lighting is sooo bad.  You can really tell in these pictures.  However, the overall feel is much lighter!

This is the new piece of artwork.  I really like the color it gives the space.  I tried to keep a little triangle of black.  The picture frame, the mirror and the coat rack.  Not sure why, but it seemed to balance and ground the space.

Now, when you look toward the door it's not a black hole.  The door is still dark, but the things around it are much lighter and really make it all feel more welcoming instead of scary.

My favorite part of all was how the dresser came out.  We have had this piece for 10 years, 3 different houses and I had not ever realized how pretty the bottom of it was.  Kind of crazy - but it has always sat on dark wood floors so you couldn't see it.  I LOVE it!  Now I'm trying to decide if I want to glaze it.  I love the tried and true Ralph Lauren Tea Stain Glaze.  I don't even think they still sell it, but I have some and think it might be great!

I would still like to get a new light fixture, a rug (I'm trying out a zebra print right now which you can see in the corner, but it's a little much) and maybe paint.   Hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment