Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Project #1 - The Front Porch After

I am super excited to share the progress I have made on the front porch.  There are still some side projects I'd like to tackle (the mud bench, the ceiling, and maybe some curtains), but I think it really does look lighter and you can actually sit on it and walk across it - bonus!
Just as a reminder of where I started...
Before - with Christmas trees

Black Adirondack chairs - too deep

Front Door Before
The mud bench was already painted.  I also spray painted a frame and stuck it on top.  Not sure what I will do with it, but it does add some height.  The chair got a fresh coat of white as well.  I had seen many tips in Blogland on Moss Covered Letters and decided to try it out for myself!  I used Diet Dr. Pepper can tabs to hang the ribbon on the back so that I can change it out for the seasons.  I thought this would be brighter than my grapevine wreath.
Front Door After

Benches from the back yard, originally from Costco

 Here is a shot from the front that shows the benches, pillows and my new book page canvas that still needs to be hung.  One step at a time, right?  I thought it would be fun to do several different monogram items as my basics and then switch the rest of the pillows out seasonally.
Ikea accessories

 I put a little table in the middle of the two benches so that you can actually sit, relax and have a glass of iced tea.  I bought the lanterns and plant at Ikea and put it in a tomato can for cuteness.  I love it.
The view from the mud bench...
 The cushions on the benches match the cushions that we have in the back around the pool.  I pulled this rug (from Hobby Lobby) out of my entryway.  I like it, but I'm not sure it's big enough.
Just one more shot...

I love the changes!  I am sure I will continue to play with it some, but I feel like it is much lighter and much more welcoming for our family and friends!


Onto Summer Project #2 -  The Entryway

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I believe you did a FANTABULOUS job! God has definitely given you a talent for decorating! Can't wait to see the next project!
    Amy Dacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Amy! You are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete